The Finals is a game that allows you to play with other friends on many different consoles and platforms. However, the game doesn’t start out optimized to do so. Luckily, you can find all of the options on how you can play with friends below.
We’ll go over how to add and invite friends in The Finals, along with what to do if that doesn’t work. Make sure to check out our guide on how to change your username if you’re having trouble there.
How to add Friends in The Finals
Follow the instructions below to add friends in The Finals.
- Create an Embark ID in the official Embark website.
- This is a temporary account system that is used during the open beta. It will go away once the beta is over.
- Go to the top right and click the gear icon
- Click Settings
- Turn Cross-Play on
- This isn’t needed if your friends aren’t on other consoles
- Change your region to your own.
- If you’re in North America, change it to North America
- Click the Social button on the top right
- This will show you all your current friends
- Click Add Friend
- Type in your friend’s Embark ID
- Send your friend request and wait for them to accept
Once your friend accepts, they will be added to the list.
How to invite friends to matches in The Finals
Once your friend has accepted your friend request, you can begin inviting them to matches with you. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the Social Tab
- Click on your friend’s name
- Select Invite to Party
- Your friend will receive a notification that they need to accept
- Once your friend accepts your invite, they will be added to your party
Players in your party will automatically join matches with you. If you are having issues, make sure to restart your system and see if that works. In the event that that doesn’t work, we recommend visiting the help website to resolve the issue.