Frictional Games has released a new patch for Amnesia: The Bunker, adding several accessibility options. These include reduced camera motion, reduced enemy perception, aim assist, subtitle directional indicators, closed captions and much more.
You can toggle rats to be passive and enable various modes for checking health, charging the flashlight and sprinting. The patch also offers fixes for issues like one that caused sluggish physics interactions at 120 FPS and localization-related problems with the inventory. Some quality-of-life improvements have also been added, like a subtitle preview and an option to hide the default crosshair.
Check out some of the patch notes below and full details here (though beware of spoilers). Amnesia: The Bunker is available for PS4, Xbox One, PC and Xbox Series X/S. Check out our review here. If you’re keen on upping the difficulty, the last update added Shell Shock Mode, which reduces the number of hiding places and a randomizer for items and hazards.
Patch Log – Amnesia: The Bunker | Accessibility Patch
Implemented various accessibility settings, including:
- Closed Captions
- Subtitle Directional Indicators
- Reduced Camera Motion
- Aim Assist
- Reduced Weapon Sway
- Reduced Enemy Perception
- Non-Aggressive Rats
- Lock Code Quick Access
- Physics Interaction Mode
- Sprint Mode
- Aim/Use Item Mode
- Reload Weapon Mode
- Charge Flashlight Mode
- Check Health Mode
- Added a preview of subtitles in the subtitle options menu.
- Fixed various minor navigation and UI-related issues in the main and pause menus.
- Fixed a bug preventing the triggering of the “Toot Sweet” achievement.
- Resolved an issue causing physics interaction to feel sluggish at 120 FPS.
- Fixed multiple localization-related UI issues in the inventory.
- Added an option to the main menu to hide the default crosshair.
- Added an option to the main menu to use simple interact icons instead of the default, detailed ones.
- Fixed a bug where the left hand could be out of view when the inventory was open.
- Resolved an issue where the player could get stuck near the stairs in the Arena.
- Enabled the ability to equip/unequip the lantern while aiming the revolver.
- Fixed a visual bug with the water in the Flooded Storage on certain platforms.
- Improved leaning mechanics while aiming the shotgun.