In Skyrim, you can find many different resources, including ores. However, while some are quite common, some veins are very difficult to find. A good example is Malachite, which can be found in just a few places. Luckily, one of them is easily accessible. If you aren’t sure where to find Malachite or how to use it, you can find that information below. Malachite appears as greenish ore or greenish ingots after being smelted. It is necessary for crafting and enhancing Glass equipment, which is suitable for players who prefer light armor.
Skyrim: How to Get Firewood
With this guide, Skyrim players looking to acquire large amounts of Firewood will be able to do so with ease.
How to Get Malachite in Skyrim
As with most other ores in Skyrim, Malachite can be obtained in several ways. The first is, of course, a purchase. All you need to do is find a few Blacksmith merchants and give them your Gold. However, not all merchants sell the necessary ore.
In this case, you can move on to the second and least effective method, namely hunting. Some enemies in Skyrim, such as Ash Spawn, Gargoyles, Dwarven Spiders, or Falmer Skulkers, can drop Malachite Ore upon death. However, the drop chance is quite low, so we recommend using it only when you are exploring locations with these enemies.
Finally, the third and easiest way is manual mining. Malachite veins are found in only a few places in Skyrim. But one of them is in an easily accessible place. Just go south from Windhelm to Kynesgrove. Then head northeast along the path, and you will find a Steamscorch Mine.
Inside, you will find seven Malachite veins, which are also not guarded by enemies. Moreover, there are pickaxes scattered throughout the mine, so you don’t have to look for tools to mine ore. Also, before entering the Steamscorch Mine, you will find some Malachite ores and Refined Malachite. However, they can only be stolen, and there are always guards wandering around, so be careful.
Alternatively, you can find Malachite veins in these locations:
- On top of Throat of the World
- Ruunvald Excavation
- Glacial Cave
- Dimhollow Cavern
Skyrim: 16 Ways To Get Rich Fast (Without Using Glitches)
Money is one of Skyrim’s many grinds. Here’s how players can make a fortune quickly without resorting to glitches and exploits.
How to Make and Use Refined Malachite in Skyrim
Once you get your hands on Malachite Ore, all you have to do is take it to the nearest smelter. In exchange for two ores, you will receive one Refined Malachite. After that, all you have to do is unlock the Glass Smithing perk to craft Glass Armor:
- Glass Helmet (Leather Strips, Leather, Refined Moonstone, and two Refined Malachite)
- Glass Armor (Three Leather Strips, one Leather, two Refined Moonstone, and four Refined Malachite)
- Glass Gauntlets (Two Leather Strips, Leather, Refined Moonstone, and Refined Malachite)
- Glass Boots (Two Leather Strips, Leather, Refined Moonstone, and two Refined Malachite)
- Glass Shield (Two Leather Strips, Refined Moonstone, and four Refined Malachite)
Also, the Glass Smithing perk gives you access to various Glass Weapons in Skyrim:
- Glass Warhammer (Three Leather Strips, two Refined Moonstone, and three Refined Malachite)
- Glass War Axe (Two Leather Strips, Refined Moonstone, and Refined Malachite)
- Glass Sword (Leather Strips, Refined Moonstone, and Refined Malachite)
- Glass Mace (Leather Strips, Refined Moonstone, and two Refined Malachite)
- Glass Greatsword (Three Leather Strips, two Refined Moonstone, and two Refined Malachite)
- Glass Dagger (Leather Strips, Refined Moonstone, and Refined Malachite)
- Glass Battleaxe (Two Leather Strips, two Refined Moonstone, and two Refined Malachite)
- Glass Bow (Refined Moonstone and two Refined Malachite)
- 24 Glass Arrows (Firewood and Refined Malachite)
Skyrim: How to Make Refined Malachite
That’s all you need to know about how to get and use Malachite in Skyrim. This resource is required for one of the best light armor sets. So if you prefer stealth, you will definitely want to mine and smelt this ore.
- November 11, 2011