Original (8/23): Nightdive Studios have announced that they will be bringing a remastered version of Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion to Switch this year. The game is expected to be released on November 14, and will include achievements and gyro and motion controls, as well as fully remastered visuals. The game was originally released on Nintendo 64 back in 2000.
Here’s an overview of the game and a trailer, courtesy of Nightdive Studios:
Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion is a faithful restoration of the classic first-person shooter originally released in 2000 for the Nintendo 64, upgraded through Nightdive Studios’ proprietary KEX Engine for play on modern gaming devices with up to a 4K resolution at 120 frames per second. It joins Nightdive Studios, Universal Games, and Digital Platforms’ popular Turok and Turok 2: Seeds of Evil remasters, capping off the trilogy. Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion features upgraded gameplay, high-resolution textures, enhanced lighting and rendering, and support for console gamepads with platform-specific features.
Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion is the first title from Nightdive Studios to use the latest version KEX engine, which utilizes an improved renderer to achieve a higher tier of visual fidelity across 3D models, textures, and graphical effects.
In Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion, players choose between dual protagonists Joseph and Danielle Fireseed, siblings of Turok 2: Seeds of Evil protagonist Joshua Fireseed. Together, they must defeat the titular antagonist Oblivion and its followers, the Flesh Eaters, after the supposed demise of their brother at its hands.
- A remastered version of the 2000 classic, available for the first time since its Nintendo 64 release.
- Up to 4K 120 frames per second performance on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.
- Advanced rendering features, including anti-aliasing, bloom, ambient occlusion, dynamic shadows, and motion blur.
- Remastered environment art, character models, and updated weapon models.
- Optional motion / gyro controls for Switch and Gamepad rumble.
- Trophies and Achievements on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC (Steam).
Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion Remastered will release on Switch on November 14.
Update (11/10): Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion is seeing a slight delay and will now launch on November 30, 2023. Nightdive didn’t explain why the extra time is needed.