Arc System Works shared a new trailer for River City: Rival Showdown’s newly remastered ports for PC and more.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus the new trailer:
The 1989 retro classic River City Ransom has muscled up and doubled down on modern innovation! Tightened controls, improved backgrounds, and even online play — this version has it all and more! Throw in a 2D fighting game mode to the mix, and River City has never been more action-packed!
Craft your own story and unlock various endings in single player mode!
- Brand new story events await as you battle through three days of hot-blooded high school hostilities!
- Characters and dialogue change with each completed event, culminating in a variety of unique endings.
- Uncover sinister plots and protect your turf at all costs! The fate of River City is in your hands!
Utilize flashy new special techniques to send your adversaries packing!
- Stone Hands, Dragon Feet — Kunio already has quite an arsenal up his sleeve.
- Bring even more bravado to the brawl with an array of fresh, never-before-seen macho maneuvers!
- And that’s not all! Ultra moves make their return, with enough firepower to bring any would-be challengers to their knees!
Play against friends in the 2D fighting game mode!
- “Double Dragon Duel 2023” (or DDD for short) is an all-new 2D fighting game bundled in at no extra cost.
- Select from a bountiful roster of hardened hitters and connect with friends both near and far to see who is the top dog on campus!
- And the word on the street is that even more unlockable characters await those who can find them…!
* This product is a port of the 2016 title River City: Rival Showdown.
River City: Rival Showdown is coming to Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4 on October 12th, worldwide.
Arc System Works, River City: Rival Showdown
Where’d our comments go? Subscribe to become a
member to get commenting access and true free speech!