PS1-style horror recreation The Tartarus Key launches this month
Writer Armor Video games Studios and developer Vertical Attain introduced a launch date for The Tartarus Key, a brand new PS1-style horror recreation.
The Tartarus Key launches on Might thirty first throughout Home windows PC (by way of Steam), Xbox One, Xbox Sequence X|S, Nintendo Swap, PS4, and PS5.
Right here’s a rundown on the sport, plus a brand new trailer:
The very last thing Alex Younger remembers is being at dwelling alone in her residence… so why has she all of a sudden woken up on this unusual mansion? All of the doorways are locked by weird puzzles and traps, there are cameras following her each transfer, and he or she retains pondering she sees… issues… out of the nook of her eye. If she needs to flee alive, together with the opposite captives she discovers, she’ll want to make use of her wits on this journey thriller.
Impressed by the appear and feel of traditional horror video games, The Tartarus Key serves up a thriller crammed with twists and turns, and quite a lot of lethal surprises. Depend on brains over brawn to assist Alex survive, however beware – not everybody would possibly make it out alive.
- Escape a lethal mansion crammed with harmful traps, and rescue Alex’s fellow captives… or fail, and depart them to a grisly destiny
- Uncover three completely different endings, and dig to the guts of the mansion and the unusual secrets and techniques it and your captors maintain
- Remedy puzzles and challenges harking back to escape-the-room video games in a wide range of unsettling and weird situations
- A tense, atmospheric journey that depends on puzzles and plot as an alternative of fight or chase sequences
- Leonor Parra: Founding father of Vertical Attain and the artist making The Tartarus Key as atmospheric and unsettling as doable. Hates leap scares and vowed to make a recreation that’s downright spooky with out them!
- Kevin Colegate: The programmer in command of making a recreation that performs as easily as you keep in mind the classics being! A lover of retro video games, he hopes The Tartarus Key surprises individuals with its mix of genuine vibes and puzzles.
- Josie Brechner: Josie Brechner (she/they) is a composer, sound designer, and musician from Brooklyn, NY. She’s made emotionally-driven sound worlds for video games like EXTREME MEATPUNKS FOREVER, Blossom Tales 1 & 2, Mixolumia, Finest Good friend Endlessly, Freshly Frosted, and now The Tartarus Key. She has toured the US and carried out digital music internationally underneath the title Visager. Music from Josie’s three open-source Songs from an Unmade World albums has been utilized in tons of of tasks all over the world.