Besides the fact that it’s an all-around solid JRPG, Persona 4 features some of the most fascinating characters in the genre, and that includes Persona 4 Kanji. Since we kinda love Kanji – who doesn’t love a bad boy, honestly – we just had to take a deeper look at the guy we’re so enamored with, so that means we dive into his personality, who he is exactly, and what his skills are. And no, as much as it breaks our hearts to say this, you can’t romance Kanji.
If you want to know more about other Persona 4 characters, you can check out our guide, and for even more information, head to individual pieces such as our Persona 4 Rise piece. Or, to discover more about Persona 5’s characters, you can check out our Persona 5 Joker, Persona 5 Ann, Persona 5 Morgana, and Persona 5 Makoto guides.
Anyway, onto what makes Persona 4’s Kanji so amazing.
Who is Persona 4’s Kanji?
Kanji is the youngest member of the Investigation Team and is a first-year student at Yasogami High School. Yes, we know this is quite surprising since he certainly doesn’t look like a student, much less a first-year.
Unfortunately for Kanji, the reason he becomes a hero and joins the ragtag group is that he himself is a victim of the killer, but the Investigation Team shows up to save him just in the nick of time.
What is Kanji’s personality?
Kanji is known as a troublemaker due to his rough attitude and delinquent behavior, yet this isn’t entirely true of who Kanji is. He’s actually very respectful, obeys his mother, and isn’t a fan of violence, but can certainly stop a fight should one start.
Furthermore, he’s in touch with his feminine side, though a rather unpleasant father made it clear to him that hobbies that are perceived as ‘feminine’ aren’t for him, even activities such as painting.
What are Kanji’s skills?
In combat, Kanji favors the use of shields and tables, so it’s fair to say he has quite a defensive approach to combat. However, his skills are:
- Dizzy boost – increased chance of inflicting dizzy
- Masukunda – all foes get a decrease to evasion for three turns
- Power charge – next physical attack is 250% greater in power
- Regenerate three – restores 6% of HP each battle
- Evade wind – triples your evasion rate with wind attacks
Kanji bike skills:
- Media – party gets a slight restore to health
- Atom smasher – deals physical damage with a chance of causing fear
- Blue wall – an ally gets electric resistance
- Fast heal – halves the time you need for recovery items
- Mediarama – partly restores the party’s HP
There you have it, a rundown on Persona 4’s Kanji. If you can’t wait to play the game again, you can stay up to date with the latest details through our Persona 4 Switch release date guide.