Jumble has been entertaining folks since 1954 and has been a classic game where scrambled words require you to unscramble them in order to find key letters that leads to a final word to be unscrambled to answer the day’s pun! We have the answers for today’s Jumble, published on January 20th 2024 below.
Daily Jumble Answers Guide
There are multiple words that are scrambled and must be solved before you can get the final word that is a mix of letters found in the previous words.
Need help in the future? Use our Jumble Solver Tool to get the answer!
Daily Jumble Answer for January 20th 2024
Here are the answers to the 1/20/24 Jumble puzzle:
When the Jumble cartoonist began sketching people at the park, he —
Daily Jumble Solving Tips
- Identify unique letters: Begin by scanning the jumbled letters for any unique characters, such as Q, X, or Z, which might help narrow down possible words.
- Look for common letter patterns: Search for familiar letter combinations, such as “ing,” “ed,” “tion,” or “est,” as these can often help you identify parts of the word.
- Rearrange letters: Physically rearrange the jumbled letters using paper or an online tool. This can help you visualize potential words more easily.
- Form smaller words: Try to form smaller words using subsets of the given letters. This may help you recognize letter patterns that contribute to the final solution.
- Use consonant and vowel patterns: Consider the usual arrangements of consonants and vowels in words. For example, consonants often surround vowels, and certain consonants tend to appear together (e.g., “th,” “ch,” “sh”).
- Work on one word at a time: If the jumble consists of multiple words, focus on solving one word at a time. Solving one word may provide context clues for the others.
- Apply context clues: If the jumble is part of a puzzle with a theme or accompanying image, use these context clues to guide your guesses.
- Check word lengths: Take note of the length of the jumbled word. This can help eliminate possibilities and narrow down your search.
- Eliminate incorrect combinations: As you try different letter arrangements, eliminate the combinations that do not form valid words or do not fit the context.
- Take breaks: If you feel stuck, take a short break and come back to the jumble with fresh eyes. This may help you see new patterns or possibilities.
That wraps up the answers for today’s Daily Jumble. If you need answers to past puzzles, please find our ongoing Daily Jumble Answers guide, which also includes answers to the most recent puzzles. You can play at Chicago Tribune or USA Today online.