Gargoyles Remastered finally has a release date, and it’s due out very soon. Disney and Empty Clip Studios confirmed that it will launch on October 19, 2023.
Gargoyles Remastered is an updated version of the ’90s 16-bit side-scrolling platform adventure. It’ll feature enhanced visuals, animations, and SFX plus achievements, gameplay rewind, and more.
Here’s an official overview:
Gargoyles Remastered is an artfully crafted revival of the ‘90s classic 16-bit side-scrolling platform adventure. Relive the epic journey of Goliath and the Gargoyles featuring enhanced visuals, animations, and SFX, all inspired by the acclaimed animated series. The world of Gargoyles comes to life with a level of detail that will thrill fans of the animated series and retro gaming enthusiasts alike. Experience classic gameplay that stays authentic to its predecessor while including new features such as achievements, gameplay rewind, and more!
• Play as Goliath, leader of the Gargoyles: Use stone-crushing strength, scale stone towers and buildings with razor-sharp claws, and glide through the air as you master mid-air attacks and hand-to-hand combat in non-stop action to save the world from destruction.
• Immersive Graphics Experience: Seamlessly toggle in real-time between graphics inspired by the animated series and classic 16-bit mode true to the original game.
• Authentic Gargoyles Experience: Relive the story of Goliath and the Gargoyles’ battle against the evil Eye of Odin with new animations and sound effects inspired by the Gargoyles animated series.
• Customize Your Experience: tailor your gameplay with modern features including instant rewind, wide-screen presentation, and achievements!
• Remastered Soundtrack: Experience the original soundtrack, remastered and optimized for a more immersive adventure.
The first trailer for Gargoyles Remastered, which also has the release date news, can be found below.
Gargoyles Remastered will cost $14.99 on the Switch eShop.