GamesAid raised £120,000 for accomplice charitites in previous 12 months
Join the GI Each day right here to get the largest information straight to your inbox
Video games business charity GamesAid raised £120,000 throughout 2022 and 2023.
The organisation introduced the overall throughout yesterday’s Barclays Video games Frenzy occasion in London, including that the overall is over £20,000 greater than it managed in 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 mixed.
With its fundraising efforts not hampered by the pandemic, the organisation returned to working extra actions and occasions, leading to a donation of £20,000 to every of its six accomplice charities.
This 12 months’s recipients are:
- AFK, which helps disabled youngsters
- Autistica Play, which raises funds and consciousness for autism analysis
- Lifelites, which donates specialist assistive expertise to youngsters with life-limiting circumstances
- Fixing Youngsters Most cancers, which focuses on aggressive childhood cancers with low survival charges
- The Clock Tower Sanctuary, a charity supporting homeless younger individuals in Brighton & Hove
- Winston’s Want, a childhood bereavement charity
“We’re so happy to have raised such a considerable amount of cash on behalf of those fantastic causes,” stated GamesAid co-chair Terry Haynes.
“This fundraising whole is testomony to the kindness, generosity and open-heartedness of the UK video games sector. We stay up for seeing the fantastic optimistic impression this can have on the causes chosen final 12 months.”