City Connection and Happymeal today announced Final Exerion, an updated version of Jaleco’s 1983 arcade shooter for Switch. It will be available worldwide on September 21, 2023.
The new “Final” series is a lineup of games featuring a new original story, new gameplay, and remade graphics. Learn more about the upcoming release in the following overview:
Year 3000 of the Integration era. The invasion from outer space of genetically mutant monsters called “Gene Beast” put Earth in unprecedented danger.
As a countermeasure, the Earth Protection Army completed the Ex Fighter, an ultra-state-of-art fighter with forbidden technology excavated from ancient ruins.
Our mission now is to claim Earth back from the Gene Beasts!
Dominate the battlefield with the Ex Cell On system
Master powerful shots with the 7 CELLs.
1. Max out the CELL gauge
During a battle, the CELL gauge rises little by little. When the gauge is maxed out, call on a new CELL.
2. The carrier comes out of the base
The item carrier comes to you with a countdown. Wait for it to reach you.
3. Carrier’s arrival&Support attack activated!
As soon as the carrier arrives, it covers you with fire attacks. You’re invincible so go catch the item you requested!
4. Replace your CELL with the new one and fight!
All the 7 CELLs you can randomly get are powerful, although limited in ammo. When you run out of ammo, you can ask for a new CELL to come. Sometimes, running out of ammo can be a good strategy.
- Instruction panel: An instruction panel is available in-game. Just like before in good old game centers.
- Online ranking: In Normal and Hard difficulty, the online ranked mode is available.
- Languages: You can play in Japanese or in English. The demo manga featured in the game is also available in English.
- Volume options: You can change the BGM and SE volume as you like.
What is “Exerion”?
Exerion is an arcade game developed by Jaleco and released in 1983. It was one of Jaleco’s most popular titles, with its three-dimensional scrolling ground that pops out from the background, and its gameplay in which the player shoots at enemies while controlling the inertia of the fighter.
Take a look at a trailer for Final Exerion below.
The game will launch digitally on the Switch eShop. Access the official website here.