Today Colossal Order released a new patch for its city builder Cities: Skylines 2, aiming to fix some rather big issues with garbage and more.
The patch, which was promised by CEO Mariina Hallikainen earlier this week, is part of a big effort by colossal order to fix the game’s launch issues as quickly as possible.
On top of the garbage, it also addresses stray pets, issues with character clothing, and a plethora of bugs, alongside some traffic improvements.
You can read the full patch notes below.
- Balanced Garbage production and accumulation calculations
- Fixed garbage truck accidentally adding garbage load when calculating garbage amount estimate for the path
- Fixed garbage resource “Trade value” showing negative value in statistics
- Balanced Incinerator Plant electricity output
- Fixed various character clothing issues
- Balanced stray pets in the city
- Increased pathfind penalty for unsafe u-turns on highway
- Fixed incorrect traffic lane-changing behavior when one or more lanes are merged to one from the left side
- Balanced Water Consumption of multiple City Service buildings
- Fixed wrong zoning grid offset when opposite side of pedestrian street, alley or gravel road has retaining wall. (This can cause some zoning issues that cannot be automatically fixed if this type of location is already zoned in a save)
- Fixed cars signaling wrong side when leaving roundabout with left-hand traffic (Takes effect on existing saves only after touching roads near the roundabout with road tool)
- Fixed parking fee policy available for subway stations even though they don’t have parking spaces
- Fixed an issue with randomization of radio ads per brand influence in a city
- Fixed faulty unicode and non-alphanumerical characters support to Microsoft cloud saves
- Fixes various occurrences of randomly bright windows on vehicles
- Matched Transportation infoview stop legend colors to stop icon colors
- Performance optimization to polygon area triangulation and validation
- Fix for potential error: Inspector failed to parse HTTP data on connection
While the game is currently available only for PC, all the updates and performance optimizations will still benefit users of the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S versions when they release next spring. Basically, we’re beta testers for console gamers as usual.
Recently, Colossal Order announced the free release of eight free region packs made by well-known community modders, on top of promising that no paid DLC will be released until the performance issues are solved.
While the launch was rough, Cities: Skylines 2 is definitely a promising game and you can read the reason why in my hands-on preview from Gamescom. I had a positive impression back then, performance issues aside, and it still applies.