Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition got a new update on Switch today, and it’s one you’ll want to download as it comes with a slew of improvements.
Players will be happy to hear that performance has received a boost. That’s along with matchmaking updates, visual and audio improvements, various quality-of-life enhancements, and more.
Here’s the full rundown:
Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition update patch notes
- Stability updates addressing various reported crashes throughout the game in certain areas, including some instances of starting a new game, while matchmaking, and more.
- The missions “Blood Drive,” “Survive Ambush,” and “Lair of the Harpy” have been updated to prevent some instances of a progression blocker due to a crash.
- Jackpot boss is now able to be defeated if no enemies are killed before entering the boss arena.
- Map geometry has been adjusted in many areas to prevent getting stuck, escaping, unintended death, or being weird.
- Some Vault Hunter, environments, gun, and enemy texture qualities have increased fidelity and look nicer.
- Vault Hunter alternative skins now apply colors correctly.
- Bloody Harvest Vault Hunter Heads have been added to Crazy Earl’s Shop.
- Joey Ultraviolet was stingy with Cartel Vault Hunter Skins. He’ll drop them now.
- The Gunner’s Splash Damage Increase anointment was sometimes incorrectly adding additional shield capacity after exiting Iron Bear.
- The Gunner’s Fire Rate and Crit Damage anointment was sometimes incorrectly adding incendiary damage after exiting Iron Bear.
- The Operative’s Digi-Clone would occasionally not consume the full number of grenades with “Boom. Enhance.” skill.
- The “Defeat Ambush” objective has been updated to prevent enemies from failing to show up.
- “Cold Case: Forgotten Answers” mission now continues after defeating the void spawn in the Vincent memory.
- The enemy One Punch has received a pep-talk and should consistently show up after solving the TV Puzzle.
- Killa Kam won’t be attacked by other enemies anymore.
- Lilith won’t disappear in the “From the Ground Up” mission. She still wants to be talked to.
- Addressed a reported instance where there could be two Claptraps visible during “Mysteriouslier: Ghosts of Karass Canyon.” There can be only one.
- Artifacts with increased Shock damage were sometimes unintentionally increasing Shotgun damage as well.
- The Catch-A-Ride in Sandblast Scar will now spawn vehicles.
- The Red Chest has been returned to Neon Arterial.
- The dead bodies are back under the Borman Nates bridge.
- Various reported matchmaking concerns have been addressed.
- Some reported instances of missing or unexpected textures across the game have been addressed.
- Performance has been further optimized across the game.
- Various UI and localization fixes have been added across the title.
- Addressed missing or broken NPC, ambient, and environment audio.
- Additional VFX and lighting improvements.
- Many additional quality-of-life updates!
All players on Switch can download the Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition update now.